As no two children are ever the same, our list of experience is extensive and varied. However, please see below the list of formal training that we have completed and appraoches that we can use to support your child with the very best input.
- Derbyshire Language Scheme- this is a key foundation to helping children to understand and use language from one to four word level. It can be used as assessment and therapy.
- PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System)- we are formally trained to use PECS with children. This is a highly effective therapy method for children who may have difficulties working out how to interact and communicate. PECS should always be introduced by a PECS trained therapist. Please contact us directly for more information.
- PEICD (Promoting Early Interactive Conversations- Dorset)- a therapy method to support interaction. We are both trainers in PEICD and therefore able to support and train other professionals.
- Dysphagia trained (Manchester Post Basic Dysphagia Course)- we are able to assess and treat children with difficulties eating and drinking safely.
- Lidcombe Dsyfluency- working with children with a stammer/stutter/dysfluency
- Swindon Dsyfluency- working with children with a stammer/stutter/dysfluency
Other therapy methods offered include
- Total Communication Approach
- Shape Coding
- Colourful Semantics
- Communication Books
- Ipad and AAC
- Visual Timetables/Support
- Down Syndrome specific approaches such as See and Learn
- Nuffield Dyspraxia
- TASSELs- Tactile Signing for Sensory Learners
- Extensive experience with ASD therapy techniques